Saturday, January 11, 2020

Here Comes The Snow 3*

Last night we wound up with a layer of slush and ice that froze with a few inches of snow on top of that.  Mid-morning my wife and I finally ventured out and cleared the walks and driveway with shovels, her doing most the majority of the work.  It started snowing again around 3:30 this afternoon.  It seems to have moved further east, so while I haven't watched any weather reports (just online radars), I don't think they're expecting as much as they forecast yesterday.  The storm is still moving north and east, and that diagonal snow line you see right around Madison is expected to stay like that until after 10 tonight.  We're expected to stay right on the snowy side of the line so we'll see what we end up with in the morning, but south of us will have gotten the heavier snow.  Since I started this I will probably finish with an update after we get it cleared tomorrow.





Also, I was mistaken about the emails, both posts were sent in the same email.  Good to know.  I don't often post twice in the same day.

* Update: 7:45 p.m.  What a dud, hardly any snow, but I'll take it.  Still, the one time I blog about it...

3 comments:

Blue Witch said...

Heading towards us now, the weather forecast has just said... storm force winds tomorrow, but milder, so no chance of snow (it's distorting the jetstream).

I am always fascinated by how things of US origin end up here ;)

Scoakat said...

As the world turns, I guess. I zoomed way out and I see it entering the North Atlantic now.

delcatto said...

It's certainly very windy here and warnings have gone out but I think we'll be fine. I guess the classification 'Mild Peril' and 'Risque language' could be more descriptive of our weather compared to what you get! Keep warm, take care and watch your footing.