Saturday, November 30, 2019

Thanksgiving Weekend 2019

I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend.  We enjoyed a very nice, homemade Thanksgiving meal with my wife's family at our house on Thursday.  My wife is a wonderful cook and she awed again for this feast.  It was good to see everyone, and especially the growing nephew.  The cats behaved, well, hid, which is good enough.  Basil gets scared and Hamish gets pissed when we have people over.  Not sure why, they were around people as kittens.

Weather-wise has been gray, gray and more gray, but I'll take the time away from work!  The rest of the weekend will be pretty easy, with football games this afternoon and tomorrow.  Otherwise, I've been doing what a holiday is for - resting.  I'll need it as overtime starts again on Monday.  It will last until the next holiday week and then for at least a time after that (sigh).  But better stop that before I get started on it...

I don't have a whole lot to say, but I do usually post for the holiday and I've not done that yet so wanted to check in.  Again, I hope you are enjoying the time off and are thankful for that which you should be thankful.  Cheers!

4 comments:

Blue Witch said...

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving.
Hope you're having a relaxing time.

Hope all this overtime you do is paid...

We get the 'Black Friday' and 'Cyber Monday' daft offers now, but not, sadly, the holiday.

delcatto said...

Happy Thanksgiving if somewhat late.
I hadn't realised it was Thanksgiving. Enjoy your holiday!

Scoakat said...

Thanks, guys. And yes the overtime is paid. It's just too much for me anymore, it's gone on way too long. My days of working my butt off are done, I'm happy with just 40 hours a week.

delcatto said...

I can second that. 43 hours this week without adding the commute which this week involved road traffic accidents, blocked roads and armed police on my street twice this week.I am too old for too many hours casing after silly targets. It's been a strange week!