Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013: The Morning After

last years glasses
It's Jerome! - Wearing last year's glasses
20121231 035
Becky, Terry and Kate
I guess I can be a real pessimist sometimes because last night turned out much better than I had expected.  After pre-writing the last post I napped for a couple hours and, while I still woke up a bit grumpy, things got better quickly.  Two good friends were unable to show up and, while that wasn't good, it meant we were all able to fit into one car and I didn't have to worry about driving.  And when midnight passed I was not the one who was ready to leave right away.  The bar was full, but not overly so as I remember it in past years, and that made a big difference in my enjoyment.  Karaoke was popular - not by me - and I got several grammy winning performances on video.  This gives me an excuse to try out YouTube's video editor for a future post.

20121231 021
Mike and Jerome
This morning has not been too bad, for me anyway.  My wife is hurting pretty bad in the next room.  The house is not wrecked and the cats don't seem scarred so I think it went pretty well.  Even though we got home at maybe half past midnight my wife and I managed to stay up until almost 5 in the morning somehow.  I'm not sure how that happened, we were drunk and must have been in slow motion.  I hope all our friends had a good time.  I'll probably make a call or two this afternoon to see how wrecked some of them are feeling.  That should be good for a laugh or two.

I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable holiday and well wishes all around for the new year!  Now to get it off on the right foot the Badgers could win the Rose Bowl today.  Go Bucky!

PTFO

No comments: