Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Snow's-A-Coming!

As we approach the middle of January we still have only had a few small snow events, totalling about 4 inches.  Of course, it always melted almost immediately so we have had basically no snow cover at all yet.  That will all change soon, starting around midnight tonight it is supposed to snow all day tomorrow, Thursday, and into Friday morning with a total of up to 6 inches expected.  So much for a snowless winter!  Another bummer, my friend Jerome and I are supposed to go to a birthday party tomorrow evening, right in the middle of it.  It is my friend Keelan's mom's birthday.  I don't really know her but I do want to go to be there for my friends and because there are going to be a lot of people from the HR department at my work there and I'm actively looking for a new position in the company.  I've never had to 'network' for a job before, but I really want to move up out of the department I'm in now so I'm ready to schmooze it up!  The only thing is we have about 50 feet of driveway and 2 walks to do (I'll be helping out my neighbor Jane this year like neighbor Dave helped us out last year when I was broken).  The snow won't be finished by tomorrow evening, but it may be easier clear it before it gets to be too much then do it again after work on Friday.  I guess I'll just have to play it by ear and see what it looks like then.

And to think, the past few days have been in the 40s and 50s but tomorrow morning will be about 12F.  I already heard many people at work today talking about staying home tomorrow, so at least it should be a pretty quiet and relatively calm day.

For those everywhere but the states, here's a temperature converter.

2 comments:

kel said...

Snow!!! Kids are excited....me not so much. :)

Scoakat said...

I could do without it. It didn't start here until about 7 this morning and still going and blowing out there. Yet, it's not a heavy snowfall, it is very dry and windy. Say HI to J&L!