Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Rise of the Apes

If you know me then you know that I generally don't watch - let alone go to - movies. That being said, this new 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' movie has me very interested. I was always a fan of 'The Planet of the Apes' movies. I remember going to a movie festival with my friends when I was around 10 years old and seeing all the movies on that big screen in the old Dixon Theater. Several years ago now my Mom gave us a DVD player and I think it came with the remake that was made several years ago, so I have seen that. This looks like it may be a prequel of sorts, explaining how they rose to power? I don't know for sure, but maybe I'll ask my wife to go out to a movie with me. I think it would be the first time we've gone to a theater since that flop Kiss movie, 'Detroit Rock City,' it was a terrible movie, too.  We went to that on opening night, that was on August 13, 1999! I just looked it up!  Wow, is that bad?

No comments: