Thursday, February 17, 2011

110 Degrees In, 55 Degrees Out

Meanwhile, on the physical therapy front, I managed to reach 110 degrees tonight, barely.  It took a lot of warming up and stretching to get the last few degrees.  Progress is slow these days, just a few degrees a week, despite my hard work.  During the day I do knee bends at my desk and I try to tuck my leg under my chair when I'm sitting to push on it some more.  When I get home I do another exercise with a big rubber band around a pole and the back of my knee as resistance to help strengthen it, then I get on the bike and go a mile and a half or 2 miles with very little resistance while slowly moving the seat up closer to bend my knee more and more.  All this for a few degrees a week, but any progress is good progress at this point.  I may not get the range of motion back that I had before but I sure as hell don't want that to be for a lack of trying.

In other news, temperatures got up into the 50's today.  Much snow has melted and people are loving this weather greatly.  I, too, enjoy temperatures above freezing for a change but my excitement is tempered knowing that we're not done yet.  Mother Nature surely has more winter in store for us.  It is, after all, only the middle of February in Wisconsin!

No comments: