Saturday, April 13, 2024

More New Fence

The fence installers left me two pickets from the back fence that they removed in the corner and replaced with new, plus 8 new pickets.  This gave me an idea to build a small section of fence behind the compost bin.  I discussed with neighbor Jane first and asked if I could zip-tie the section to her fence and she was real nice about it.  So, this morning I went and got 2 more fence pickets and 3 cedar 1x3's and this afternoon I put it together and installed it with my wife's help.

If you look close in the picture below you can see a hammock a couple yards over, and it's by a fire pit.  They often have fires when I do and is within sight, so a small section of fence will block that view from our firepit.

And every other direction is our house and the sides of 3 garages with just one open space that by chance had that neighbor standing there when I took the picture below.

I'm satisfied.  This is about as private as we want right now.  In an hour or so I'm going to go out and have the first fire of the year.  Then about an hour after that I'm going to watch a live Megadeth concert from Buenos Aires, Argentina, as I sit by the fire.  It's been a beautiful day out and should be a nice evening.  Cheers, everyone.

3 comments:

delcatto said...

Looks good and you are right about privacy. Enjoy the fire pit and the music.

Blue Witch said...

Looking good!

Scoakat said...

Thank you. Sorry I missed this until now, delcatto, and good to hear from you, BW!

That fire turned out to be a short burn of just what's been thrown in there since fall, which verified it was too windy for a relaxed fire. Back in a cooler stretch again, with high winds more often than not lately.