Sunday, July 14, 2013

RIP Grandma W

My maternal grandmother passed away last Tuesday morning at age 87.  She was a kind, church-going woman that raised 9 children, had 19 grandchildren and 36 great-grandchildren.  She was preceded in death by her husband in 1998.

My grandmother was very active in the church, and when I say active I mean besides her family the church was her life, all her life, every day.  She was especially partial to the rosary and I'm sure she said it several times a day.  The wake was Friday afternoon and evening, followed by the last viewing at the funeral home, the mass and funeral at the church, the burial at the cemetery,  and the luncheon at the local catholic grade school afterwards on Saturday.

No need for condolences, I did love her but I live a distance away and we were not very close.  In fact, due to her religious convictions - and willingness to share whether it was wanted or not - I actually avoided her sometimes when I was younger.  I have a rant about the catholics bouncing around in my head, but that is for another time.  Rest in peace, grandma.

2 comments:

Mom said...

She loved you very much!! Thank you for being there this week for me as well as Grandma W.

Scoakat said...

But of course, Mother.