My wife and I don't go out at night very often anymore, but last night we went downtown for a show - An Inconceivable Evening with Cary Elwes. My wife's favorite movie is The Princess Bride, so I got tickets when they went on sale last spring at the historic Orpheum Theater. Even getting tickets early the lower floor was practically sold out, but I got two tickets in the second row of the balcony near center. Second row was fine with me; I'm tall and the railing is low and there's no safety net.
The movie began promptly at seven, followed by the actor and an interviewer seated center stage. He regaled us with amusing stories of filming the movie with director Rob Reiner, co-star Andre the Giant and the others. It's a fun movie and good to see it on the big screen. Overall, an enjoyable - if not inconceivable - evening.


No comments:
Post a Comment