Sunday, June 12, 2022

20,000 Days Old


In exactly two days from when this posts I turn 20,000 days old, on Tuesday the 14th at 8:20 p.m. local time.   This is posted ahead of time due to the emails can take a couple days to go out now, but at least they're still going out.

Aside from being a nice round number this doesn't mean much of anything, except maybe that I like numbers.  I've had this site saved for some time and I look at it once in a while.  A couple months ago I looked and noticed I had this milestone coming up, and they also have a widget for a countdown so I added that in the right column of the website at that time.  Not sure if it will stop or go negative when it gets there.

I have an aunt that created this painted plaster memento for my parents after my birth and this is how I recalled what time I was born.  I know she signed up to get the emails several years ago, and her email still shows as active so I hope she's still getting them.  Thank you, Aunt M! 

5 comments:

delcatto said...

Happy 20,000 daysversary!

Blue Witch said...

Nearly there...it's a long time until the next milestone though...
Lovely that you have kept your plaque.
Happy 20,000 - how will you celebrate?

Scoakat said...

Thank you, but I think the only celebration will be turning on the air conditioning. Had it on for a couple days a few weeks ago for 3-90º days in a row, now another wave coming - and my lawn needs mowing.

It stormed this afternoon, so too wet to mow today. I signed off work a few minutes early due to lightning, then the power went off/on right after I shut down. It took a couple hours before the computer finally powered on again, but thankfully it did or I would have had to go into the office tomorrow for the first time in a very long time! Was just about to go out to buy a new one tonight when it finally started up.

Actually, BW, my Mom sent me this picture a few months ago. She was cleaning out a bunch and asked if I wanted it. I said no, as it would just be taking up space downstairs, but I was glad to have the picture to keep.

Nic said...

I shall probably be (hope so, anyway) asleep for the actual moment so congratulations in advance.......I remember September '67 as that's the year we moved house for the first time I remember.
Also our Massey Fergusson tractor was first registered that month so I guess it too must be about 20,000 days old. Shall raise a glass to both of you!

Scoakat said...

Boy, that's an old tractor, Nic, LOL. Cheers!