Thursday, August 19, 2021

Back Update, Second Shot Coming

 

I saw the neurosurgeon on Tuesday, and it was a rather short visit.  I told him my symptoms and we looked at the MRI.  The notes say it was slightly worse than my last MRI in 2018, but he said it looked much the same to him.  It clearly shows how the nerve is impeded when compared to the right side.  This is the area that I had surgery on in 2000, and most recently the shots in 2018.  We both agreed that a second shot was the way to go.  I won't have to undergo surgery and I won't have to live with it, now let's just hope the second shot works out well.

This time I received notification that my second shot had been preauthorized by the insurance the very next day.  I took today off so called this morning and have an appointment scheduled for about 3 weeks from now.  This has been a long process so far and I'm hoping this will be the end of it, for now at least.

8 comments:

Blue Witch said...

Oh, sigh of relief. Thank goodness for that. But, 3 weeks on? Hope they pass quickly.

Scoakat said...

Thank you, BW, it has been quite a mental relief for me. I was in a holding pattern for so long, moving on to the next step just washed over me unexpectedly. I took some time off work, relaxed a bit, and even imbibed greatly the other day. (I can get sappy when drinking lots, could you tell? ;) )

Nic said...

Hope those three weeks speed by for you.

Scoakat said...

Thank you, Nic. I'm just thankful that it's not as bad as I've had it in the past.

If you view it as 3 levels, surgery, shot, and endure it, then I feel like I would be in the bottom of the shot category, close to having to live with it.

delcatto said...

Good news at last. Hopefully this will bring much needed relief.
I hope the next three weeks go quickly for you.

Scoakat said...

Thank you, delcatto. I was reminded again today that I'm not special, back issues are very common. Everyone has something or other. I hope I've not been complaining too much, just journaling.

Blue Witch said...

It was really sweet (that is, English English sweet, not US English sweet) :)

delcatto said...

Yes, sadly back issues are common but no, you don't come across as complaining. I use my blog for a whinge but also as you said for a journal as I look back on what I was doing this time several years ago. As we get older our youthful escapades catch up and crunchy knees, aches and pains etc...are the price for this.