Wednesday, February 24, 2021

I've Been Probed!

After work this afternoon I sat back down at my desk for some relaxing on the internet.  Not every day, but every so often I look at my website statistics.  Today was one of those days and holy cow!  Per Google Analytics, I had 268 users for 274 pageviews yesterday?!  When I go into the details of the graph you see here, the 44 up top is searches of all my labels, then several for views of each month for certain years and some Latest Listening Pleasure posts, then the big bottom one is views for what seems to be all of my LLP posts!  

Curious, I looked at the Blogger stats and it showed 288 pageviews yesterday.  That's only a few dozen less than I normally get a month!  Oh, and notice almost all are from the UK?  What's going on over there, guys?  Could it possibly be Wargasm UK fans?  Or - probably more likely - just some 'bot checking me out?  What would you make of this?

6 comments:

Blue Witch said...

Do you not get any more info - for example IP or exact search term or referring URL? Did NiC post a link to your Wargasm post somewhere I wonder?

I gave up looking at stats years ago.

Nic said...

Not a clue either...I didn't link so it's not me, well I don't think so anyway.

Like Witchy I gave up looking at my stats years ago. Could be Wargasm fans...but weird.

Scoakat said...

Hey guys. Google Analytics has lots of information if you know what you're looking at. I normally just glance at the overview now and again, but I did find the landing pages and that's what is pictured and more. It's like it was a methodical search of the sight; each year and month in that year, each label, and each LLP post. All of those links are in my right column. Yes, must have been some sort of 'bot. I think I may stop looking, too.

(I wonder if I would have gotten spam comments again if not for the captcha?)

Scoakat said...

Come to think of it, your links are in my right column. Maybe you want to peek and see if it happened to you, too.

delcatto said...

It could the Wargasm fans but sadly I suspect bots. I'll go and look at mine now as I haven't bothered to check for ages.

Scoakat said...

Ah! I must be losing it. *site