Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Tropical Puppy*

It's not often we get a tropical storm here in Wisconsin, but that's what's going to happen soon.  Pretty much straight up from the Gulf of Mexico.  I guess it's just called a tropical depression now, but it is muggy and overcast, and the rain is supposed to start in a few hours or so.  At least it looks better than yesterday when it showed Madison as directly in the path, now it looks like it will go west of us slightly, the center anyway.  I think the storm had a name but I can't think of it now for the life of me.*

Should be interesting, I like a good storm.  It seems the big thunderstorms often fall apart as they approach Madison, perhaps due to the lakes, I'm not sure.  I don't want to see damage or anything, but otherwise I hope it's a good show.

On a cuter note, last weekend our friend Terry stopped over for a bit with her brand new 8 week old puppy.  She named him Karma, and I can't help but hope that doesn't come back to bite her!  Figuratively speaking, of course.  Very small, very cute and very much not welcomed by Hamish the hissy cat!


*Former tropical storm Cristobal.  No wonder I forgot the name.

5 comments:

Blue Witch said...

Dog? That's a cat!

Hope the 'storm' provides good photo opps.

Scoakat said...

Just a bit of rain is all it was. Disappointing, but it did set some records. I think the farthest north a tropical storm has gone in recorded history and the lowest pressure ever recorded here in June. And more storms (not tropical) coming this afternoon.

Nic Hamilton said...

Cute puppy.

delcatto said...

Cute pooch and just the right sized tasty morsel for Hamish!

Scoakat said...

Thanks guys! He's not normally hissy, but he doesn't normally get that close to another animal, besides Basil.