Saturday, January 26, 2019

Snow, Freeze, Repeat

I just woke up a bit ago and it looks like a nice, clear day outside but it is -17ºF/-27ºC.  We've had our milder weather, now we've been alternating between snow and deep freeze.  We got about another 7" of snow on Tuesday/Wednesday, followed by this, then it will warm up (15ºF/-9ºC) on Monday to dump some more snow and then it looks like the rest of the week we will not get north of 0ºF/-18ºC for several days.  Remember not too long ago when I said that it felt like winter had actually started?  Oh, and Lake Mendota has frozen over now for a record third time this season.

Yes, the numbers are impressive but it's happened before and it will happen again.  Life just goes on.  I took this picture this morning, you can barely see where the fire pit is.  Today should get a bit above zero eventually and I am expecting a rather good day out and about.  My brother is coming up to town and we're going to a Badger Men's Basketball game at the Kohl Center.  Should be a lot of fun - despite the weather!

4 comments:

Blue Witch said...

Ah snow, yes. Lovely but I do prefer the near 30 degrees C here in SA. Sorry.

Scoakat said...

LOL, no need to apologize, BW. Knowing you can enjoy warm weather warms me!

delcatto said...

Now that is cold!
Currently 4C here which I definitely prefer although we are predicted to have snow this week. I reckon a few flakes once again and that'll be it or more rain. Keep yourselves warm and safe.

Scoakat said...

Thanks, Delcatto.
My wife and I are home from work today as we got another snowstorm overnight and just finishing up now. Then deep freeze again but only for a few days.
Only 51 days until spring!
https://days.to/until/spring