Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving 2018

Like most years, it's best known to me as a 4 day weekend with one day spent with relatives.  This year we're staying close to home and visiting my wife's side of the family.  Other than that I don't know if we'll be leaving the house much as this Black Friday weekend will make it a madhouse on the roads and at the shops.  Feast of the cash registers, as some might say.  I do need to start shopping for gifts, but that will probably be entirely online.


I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend and thank you for stopping by!

4 comments:

Blue Witch said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's strange, but over here we have taken on the nasty aspects (Black Friday) but not the good ones like the thought behind thanksgiving.

Scoakat said...

Thanks, BW. And yeah, sorry about that.
Thanksgiving Day is a nice thought and I have nice memories from when I was a kid, but it's different now with stores being open and people having to work or choosing to fight the shopping crowds a day early. Black Friday has essentially become a four day event and the holiday an afterthought.

delcatto said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Enjoy family, food and the days off.

I am trying to ignore the endless Black Friday adverts although the car service and repair will take my money today.

Scoakat said...

Thanks, Delcatto. I hope you have a great weekend, too, and good luck with the car!