Saturday, December 9, 2017

Thoughts, And Cats!

20170420_205930
Hamish, top, and Basil
Welcome to winter.  We got our second snow last night and this morning, about an inch is all.  My wife went out and scraped it up off the driveway and walks earlier today and the rest will melt when the sun makes short appearances or may stick around in the corners and shady areas since the outlook is for high temperatures around or just below freezing for the foreseeable forecast.  It looks like we may get a bit more Monday, but nothing to be concerned about.  A white Christmas is still not assured.

20171003_19325620171025_203835Speaking of, I need to get shopping, like now.  We won't be traveling far this year so I need to get gifts chosen, ordered and shipped to where they need to be.  I think we may scale it back a bit this year, not due to lack of funds but we're not going to see them opened and I'm, quite simply, running out of ideas.  I've always tried to put much thought into what I get for presents, especially for the kids, but I just don't feel that inspiration this year.  But who knows?  We'll see what happens when I've been on Amazon for a while later today.

DSC00074We don't have much planned this weekend except for the Packer game, so I am looking forward to plenty of rest, the aforementioned shopping, and there are several little things I can get done around the house.  The Badger football team lost in the Big Ten Championship game and have a tough bowl game to finish their season in a few weeks.  The basketball team is young this year and not quite as dynamic as the past several years.  The Packers may get number 12 back soon but it may be too late to save the season.  On the bright side, the Bucks are looking a lot better this year.  Okay, that's it for sports talk.

20170930_204847Not knowing what to write and not having enough ideas for a This-And-Thats post I decided it was time to post some cat pictures.  After all, we have a ton of them.  They can be so adorable and we always have a camera with us, thus the phones fill up with cat pictures.  I wish I could be so relaxed and content with all my needs taken care of.

So now I present to you our cats, brothers, Basil and Hamish!


I want to remind everyone who reads this via email or notification that my posts are viewed as intended on the desktop website: https://scoakatsblog.blogspot.com
Other views get the point across in a convenient format, but not necessarily in the view I crafted.

2 comments:

delcatto said...

No such thing as too many cats although Mrs C has set the limit at 4 in our household. She has talked about a young friend for Mindy so perhaps the new limit will soon be 5! Hamish and Basil are fine looking cats.

Scoakat said...

Don't tell my wife you have 4, I've limited us to two. Also city ordinance, I believe. She often mentions getting more, and I always say no, the house is too small.

The little blurb at the end is because I see the emails that go out and when I was placing all these pictures, well, I had no idea what that was going to do to the layout, and then consider most people look at it on their phones. Pictures everywhere! Or I overthink things too much, more likely.