Saturday, April 8, 2017

Happy Blogday To Me!

I almost forgot, this is my Blogday!  I've been doing this for eight f**king years!   Wow.
Edit 4/11, added new 8 pic.

That's a long time to keep something up that is as personal as it is public.  I've had friends and family that care, friends and family that don't, friends and family that sign up to get emails when I post but then I rarely or never hear anything back from them.  I know blogger ain't farcebook, tweeter, linkden or Instagrat.  I don't care.  I don't want more accounts or social media so I know I don't make it easy to be my friend that way.  I just like having my own little corner of the internet here that I can say and post (almost) whatever I wish.  Just - and sometimes mostly - for me.  An online journal, or a diary, of sorts.  I appreciate those that come along for the ride and I also appreciate the new friends I've made along the way.

Blogging is always a bit of work in progress.  The other day I tweaked my template and lost my lists in the right column.  This is the second time I lost my lists, I can't remember if I was messing with my template last time.  I will build them again, but it may be later tonight, tomorrow or even next week.  Whenever I feel I have the time and gumption to get it done.

I don't want this to take away from my post earlier this evening - we got bikes!  Scroll down or click here to read all about that!  And Happy Blogday to me!

5 comments:

Scoakat said...

"Just - and sometimes mostly - for me."

I have no idea what I was thinking. Probably distracted or a mis-edit. Yeah, let's go with that. ;)

Blue Witch said...

Happy Blogday, belatedly. I know exactly how you feel about other social media.

Scoakat said...

Thank you!

delcatto said...

Happy Blogday!
Please excuse my lateness but work and sleep have dominated my life these past two weeks.

Scoakat said...

No worries, delcatto, hope the new job is going well! And if I'm not mistaken you have one soon - or else just passed. I remember it was near mine but a few years older. So if missed it then Happy Blogday to you, too!