Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Presents And More

It has been a while since I sat down and tried to type something meaningful, so instead I will just type my usual drivel.

I have been doing a lot of shopping online this month.  Much of it for Christmas presents and some for my wife's birthday in January, and I couldn't resist getting a few things for myself.  First off, from my wife I got a new floor desk mat for under my chair in front of the computer.  The old one was cracked and getting worse all the time, now my chair rolls freely.  For my wife I got a new camera to replace the dinosaur digital camera we had.  It worked well but 12.2 megapixels is better than the 3.1 we were working with.  So, Christmas is already done with us.

I got all my presents online this year, a first.  I think I did pretty good with the kids (the most important presents I buy), except for maybe one.  I'm worried now that he's still too young for it.  My problem is that I buy what I would have wanted when I was a kid - and I like spoiling my nieces and nephews a bit.  I can't mention what the presents are yet, of course.  Though I saw some last night, the kids will get their presents at my mom's next weekend.  Other presents heavily confused my dad and brother at my dad's get-together last night but the other half is being sent to them and I will send them an email today with some links that will explain the Mangrates further.  For myself I got Sean Yseult's book and The Big Four DVD, both heavy metal stuff.

Though I haven't made a lot of progress with my knee bend, I hope to actually try driving this week.  I'm trying to plan it around weather a bit.  I'll let you know here when I'm (auto)mobile again!  As for regular mobility, I have not used the walker in a couple days and have been making myself get used to the cane around the house.  I just ordered an ice grip for the cane to prevent disasters when I use it out and about.  It's kind of hard to believe, but it has been almost 4 months since I busted up my leg.  I had hoped recovery would go faster, but the reality is that I really effed up my leg and still face months of physical therapy.  Godammit.  I hate not ending on an up note, re-watch this.

No comments: