Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Concert Checklist Trend

Apparently, this checklist has been trending on social media of some sort, I read about it on a website.  Similar to the '50 Bands I've Seen Live' trend that I posted back in the first year of this blog, I felt the urge to give my two cents on this one.

  1. First concert: Dio (w/ Dokken)
  2. Last concert: ZZ Top
  3. Worst concert: Tesla
  4. Loudest concert: Ace Frehley
  5. Best concert: Pink Floyd
  6. Seen the most: Kiss
  7. Most surprising: Beck
  8. Next concert: ??
  9. Wish I could've seen: The original Kiss in the seventies
Those are my answers.  It's hard to recollect them all, and now I've seen so many online it's hard to separate them from in-person sometimes.  At my age and after the pandemic now, I expect most of my live concerts to be online.  I'm not saying I won't go out to a show, just that it's going to take a lot to get me to do it.  Livestreams are easier, cheaper, more options and just more comfortable.

Care to share your list?

6 comments:

Blue Witch said...

No, I can't remember the answers to those questions. But I saw an awful lot of bands inthe 70s and 80s. As my hearing will now attest...

Scoakat said...

My hearing as well, BW. I usually blame 80's heavy metal, though I loved the loudness up until a few years ago.

Blue Witch said...

Yes.

And what about the long-term effects of all these in-ear headphones/ ear buds that have become so popular in recent years? Certainly in the UK, there is little 'public health' warning about them and their potential effects.

Scoakat said...

I remember similar concerns when the walkmans came out when I was young. People will continue to listen as they like, and be smart about it or not. As we did, or didn't.

delcatto said...

I can remember some stand out gigs such as Joe Jackson, The Ramones, The Clash and Lindisfarne. The best one ever was an unknown band at the Cambridge Festival one year, I think called Stomp. They played a small stage and it was incredible.

Sadly many Have vague or few memories of! Youth, alcohol and recreationals...

Scoakat said...

If I could go back, delcatto, and was maybe a bit older... Plus hindsight being 20/20. I appreciate artists from my youth more now than I did at that time. You saw some classic, iconic bands but may not have realized at the time.