The sunflower on the outside of the back steps was the first to bloom, but the petals are rather deformed. This is the second one to bloom, and is a bit more picturesque. That first one has no other blooms starting off the stem, while this one has them coming in all the way down. I'm not sure why some of my mammoth sunflowers have multiple blooms and others don't. Perhaps one is male and the other is female, I'm not sure. The first batch planted are definitely the strongest, though, while the second plantings are much smaller plants yet still growing buds.
Our air quality is back to normal levels, though there is still smoke out there so if the winds shift the right way we may get smoky again. I think I heard something like the smoke would affect us about one day a year until 2020, and has averaged about 8 days a year since. That would explain why it seems like more now - because it is.
The protests continue with base camp at the intersection where it happened and nearby streets shut down. The city has been working with them, providing port-o-potties and trash collection while working with the protesters to keep up services and driveway access for the unfortunate residents in the area. One of which is a friend, who is not enjoying the extra traffic and hassle. I'm not sure how long it will continue but would surely calm down if they announced criminal charges against the police officer. Seems to be the right thing to do, but no rant on this today.
The neighbors have added some interesting lights to their house. It was red, white and blue earlier this month for the holiday, and was like this the other night. Thankfully we only have two windows on that side so it doesn't really affect us at all. I find it to be an interesting choice, what do you think?And, finally, I'm feeling much better and practically back to normal after my fall a couple weeks ago. When you're young you can bounce, and I haven't been young in a long time. It would behoove me to avoid any more falls in the future, I think.
Oh, and the new roof should be happening very soon, but I don't have a date yet. Have a great week, everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment