Friday, October 7, 2022

Early October This-And-Thats

It's jacket weather today, light jacket.  The air becomes crisp though the sun shines.  There's a bit of a breeze, but that's supposed to drop off in a couple hours.  I'm counting on it as I'm planning on a fire and having a friend over.

  • Markings showed up around the tree stump in front of neighbor Jane's.  I'm not sure exactly what the colors mean, but interesting how they're so close to the stump.  I hope the stump-grinding crew is careful.
  • The artificial intelligence that creates 'art' from your input had made the news a couple weeks ago.  I finally played around with it last night, and it's pretty neat but I want to play around with it more and get more creative with my input.  You have to create an account, but you can use your google account.  Check it out here.  If I get it to create something really cool or unusual I'll share it here sometime.
  • I'd kept forgetting to mention it, but the blog emails finally stopped going out around the beginning of August.  I know many who read via the emails may not make the effort to come to the site to read, but I hope they do.  I never found a similar service for free, but TinyLetter is an interesting option.  It's more like a newsletter you sign up for, so I'd have to create that.  Maybe paste the blog into it or, more likely, send one out once a month or so with links to my posts.  Everything and nothing is on the table still, it depends on the effort I want to put forth.
  • I found poop in the back yard again today, and I don't have the trail cam back there.  I had it back there for a few weeks and all it caught was a whole lot of squirrel activity, no pooper.  Right now, it's on neighbor Jane's fence across from the back door, close to the ground.  My thought was to see what could be coming into the back yard down the driveway side, plus security for the garage and back door.  I've not checked those images and video yet.
  • We had rain on 8 weekends in a row until last weekend.  Not washouts, but at some point every weekend.  And the porch roof started to leak a bit onto one of the new ceiling tiles.  I do have extra tiles but a little white spray paint will probably fix it fine, I did that to some of the old tiles more than once.  Several years ago I got up there and sprayed some of that flex seal stuff where the porch roof meets the house.  The porch is not the house, certainly not built to code, and will get replaced someday so we don't want to spend much, if any, money fixing it up.  So I crawled up the ladder a few days ago and gave it another good coat of flex seal.  Hopefully that will last a few more years now.
  • The Green Bay Packers play in London on Sunday morning, 8:30 a.m. our time so I think 2:30 p.m. there?  The last NFL team to play a game internationally because they are one of the smallest markets so didn't give up a home game before and no other team would give up their home game against the Packers because their fans could fill any stadium ($).  Being one of the most popular teams, Packer fans travel well and are located all over the place, here and the world.  My wife is planning a fancy breakfast for us for the game and I'm really looking forward to it.  There's a lot I should get done later that Sunday, but I'm just going to enjoy the unusual morning game and we'll just have to see what happens.
I've been thinking lately that I want to post less more often.  Less words and topics in one post, maybe.  It's a thought, anyway.  Have a good weekend, everyone.

Hasn't that wind died down yet?

5 comments:

delcatto said...

Are those markings for pipes and cables? That yellow one is very close to the stump but hopefully they can grind ir down without causing any problems.

Is it a dog pooping in your garden or a wild animal like a raccoon? A trail camera should catch them and hopefully not a sasquatch! Although the poop from that would be very noticeable.

There is always some work to do on houses, it never stops but I hope that stops the leak.

Scoakat said...

Hi delcatto! Our cable and electric is above ground, so I believe the red is electric for the streetlights and yellow is natural gas. Just what we need, an electric spark to set off the gas! Hopefully they know how deep they can go.

The pooper is most likely a cat, but I won't rule out raccoon or possum. While there are lots of dogs around you rarely see one off leash.

A wonderful breakfast, game (Packers lost) and quiet time with my wife today. A very good day but not a lot done.

delcatto said...

Sounds like a good day apart from the Packers losing.
Oddly enough I didn't consider cats but they are more likely to be the culprit.

Blue Witch said...

Hope the selant stops the rain getting through. It's a pity that it's spoilt your new ceiling so soon after you'd done it.

The AI art from input sounds interesting, and as I can't see what it's about without signing up, I shall await further news once you've worked it a bit more.

Scoakat said...

Thanks, BW. I'm not too worried about the ceiling, it's cheap.

I have that AI site saved, now I just have to think about it when something unusual crosses my mind!