Monday, August 1, 2022

Atwoodfest 2022, Dancin' In The Street!

It was a perfect day; warm but not too warm, sunny but not too sunny, and it felt good to have the festival back after 2020 off and a small parking lot version that we skipped last year.  A very good day, but this year I'll let the pictures do the talking (maybe with a few captions).

A butterfly by the Goodman Community Center.  I read about these earlier in the year but I forget what they're for now.


This straightaway makes it seem like a longer walk than it actually is.  An old railroad corridor turned bike path and community gardens.












Stopped at the Chocolate Shoppe ice cream shop ("If you want nutrition, eat carrots") just off the bike path on the way home.  Mmmmmmm good.


There was another butterfly here.  I'm going to have to look this up to jog my memory.


Always something going on.  This event happens every year, I'll have to check it out sometime.


And the greenway just south of the house that I posted pictures of before and after earlier this year.  Looking good with restored native plants, including cattails on the here-unseen branch of the creek.

That's it, wish you were here!

5 comments:

delcatto said...

It looks good and very colourful. Great to see people out enjoying themselves and I hope you had an enjoyable day.

Nic said...

Lovely and colourful, looks fun. We had a rare weekend away and also saw crowds of people....been a long time since I've seen any of those!

Scoakat said...

Yes, it was a good crowd but not as packed as it had been in the past. We were going to go again on Sunday but decided not. I got around to testing myself today, it was negative.

You both mention colorful. No filters or anything, just straight pics on a beautiful day. Looking back, I can see it now. Good subject matter, I guess! Still have to look up those butterflies...

Mom said...

Looks like fun! Beautiful Butterflies!!

Scoakat said...

Last weekend in July every year, Ma. See you next year? :)