Monday, December 31, 2018

Happy New Year 2019


Similar to the last few years, we will be ringing in the new year at home with just a couple friends, Terry and Becky, as long as the roads don't get too slippery.  My wife is going to cook a late dinner of beef tenderloin with those fancy little potatoes.  We'll play some games, have some special drinks and pop the champagne at midnight.  If we do manage to make it all the way to midnight that will be pretty much it, and I'll have to get a nap in just to help me make it that late.

Back on Christmas weekend we were going to drive to Mom and Dan's in Dubuque but Kate came down with the bug I had the week before.  Now we'll have to see about getting the presents to the nieces and nephews soon.  I may have to ship them to my sister and her kids, but it's a good excuse to finally drive down and see my brother's family and the house they built.  On Christmas Day Kate was feeling a bit better, well enough to not cancel her family coming over for some great food, presents and holiday cheer, so we did get one family gathering in for the holiday.

Happy New Year to you all.  The ones I read, the ones I love, all my friends and all of you who take the time to read me.  Whether you comment or not, I can see you're there.  Thank you.

5 comments:

Blue Witch said...

Happy New Year to both of you. Here's to another year of bloggy friendship!

delcatto said...

Happy New Year to you both!

Scoakat said...

Happy 2019, BW and Delcatto. Let's hope this year is better than the last!

Dan said...

Happy New Year Scott and Kate. We missed you at Christmas but glad to hear that Kate is doing better. Have a great day, and many more to come!
Kay, Kelly, Lindsey, James, and Dan

Scoakat said...

Thanks, Dan, Happy New Year to you, too. And congratulations to your Hawkeyes!