- I'm finally feeling better after a rough start to the new year. I was hit from behind in traffic on the Thursday before. I stayed home the next day due to soreness, but did not go to the doctor and am quite well now. NYE we had a few friends over for food, drinks and games. It was a lot of fun but I felt that I was coming down with something all weekend. On Monday evening it hit me like a ton of bricks and stayed with me all the way through Friday. Just a nasty, snotty man-cold - the worst kind! As I write this I am feeling perfectly healthy for maybe the first time this year.
- I drop my car off at the shop for repairs tomorrow morning. At the same time I will get my rental car for the week. That means I'll have to do some make-up time at work. I don't like doing make-up time. I will miss having my car, too. I've never had to have this amount of repairs done to a vehicle and can only hope that when I get it back it's like brand new. Or at least as good as it was before the accident.
- Our weather started out by snowing the first few weekends in December. Since then we've had a few spells of bitterly cold weather. Single digits, either above or below zero like our highs and lows have been, is really cold. That said, I think I would rather have the cold than the snow. Snow has to be moved and makes travel more difficult than the cold. Unfortunately, I have no say in the matter. Though the days are now getting longer we have months of both snow and cold yet to maneuver.
- We had a whole house humidifier installed last Tuesday. It installs downstairs on the air ducts by the furnace. We had been using a 4 gallon humidifier located generally in the center of the house but it just wasn't cutting it. You're constantly filling it up and the filters are expensive and don't last long when it gets really cold and dry. I think it will be a pretty good investment in the long run. I'm still playing with the settings a bit and it seems to be working well, but when the weather gets this cold and dry it has to run often.
- It is still a pretty good thing to be a sports fan in Wisconsin. The football Badgers won a great game in the Cotton Bowl last week. The basketball Badgers enter league play on a roll and have another really good team this year. This afternoon's road game against Purdue will be a tough one, though. And the Packers enter today's playoff game on a 6 game winning streak. It's win or go home time, Packers. I hope they can keep it rolling.
Even though I felt the need to sit and type I guess I don't have a whole lot more to say right now. The holidays are over and we are in the part of winter where we tend to hibernate - we don't go out as much and spend little time outside. Today, I'll be spending the later afternoon watching Packers play the Giants and flipping back and forth to the Badger basketball game. It's not often the games conflict, but they do today.