Thursday, January 8, 2015

New Year Resolutions*

Someone brought up new year resolutions to me recently and my first reaction was to chuckle, then I actually stopped to think.  It has been a long time since I made a new year resolution, even longer since I made a serious one, probably as a kid.  If it works for you then go for it, I hope you get what you want.  I guess I can make life resolutions.  I know what I have to do to improve myself and I can resolve myself to it any day of the year.

However, no matter how or what kind of resolutions you make, following it through can be the hard part - no matter when you make your resolution.  Inner strength and determination are the biggest factors in changing yourself.  Do it for you.  Do it to be a better you.  Good luck, I'm pulling for ya!

*Edit, 5:05 pm: Another thought is that is what new year resolutions are - life resolutions at that specific time.  No one said a new year resolution has to start that day.  That leads me to the arbitrary choice of that particular day as a time to set those goals.  I'm sure there's something out there explaining our need of hope and change and a 'fresh start' with the new year.  Sorry, but now I've lost interest since typing that last bit.  I'd research a whole lot more odd things if there were more hours in the day.  Walking away now...

No comments: