Monday, September 24, 2012

In-Law Cabin Fever

20120923 012We spent the weekend at a cabin on Castle Rock Lake, north of the Dells, this weekend with my wife's family.  It was a nice cabin and had a nice view of the lake and the sunsets over it.  Overall, it was a pretty good time.  We played games, had a camp fire, and talked quite a bit (there was no TV, just dvds).  I actually found myself talking more at times than I think I have with this group.  After being married for over 11 years, like it or not, they are becoming family to me, too.

20120923 020I was able to escape to a place called Boomer's Pub to watch the Badgers play on Saturday.  I sat in the bar with only Boomer, talking and watching the game for the first half.  Then a couple more people showed up, especially a very nice, funny, older couple (60's) that I enjoyed very much.  We had a great time, the Badgers won, then I went back to the cabin and took a nap!  Cheers to Boomer, Mark and Linda!  If I'm ever in the neighborhood again...

2 comments:

Mom said...

Looks like a great place to be! Glad you had a good time.

Scoakat said...

Thanks. Since then, though, I still need a good nights sleep.