Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Not Much, You? Just Links

Hello, there!  Hope your winter is starting off nicely.  It's been cold here, just above and below freezing as is normal, and not a lot of snow yet but you know it's coming.  Life goes on, just more indoors than outdoors recently, and likely for a while now.

It's been difficult to get myself out for walks with the temperatures right around freezing so I've been utilizing the treadmill more.  The coolness of the weather and basement has my right knee tightening up but I push through as I don't believe I'm causing any harm to it, just scar tissue reminding me that it's there.  I still have the feeling of slipping on a rug on ice when on it sometimes, but I find if I keep one hand in contact with a handle and look straight ahead or down at the display it is better.  I'm doing at least 15 minutes a day at a speed that is comfortable that day, but slowly increasing the time spent as I (hopefully) get more used to it.

I don't have much to say since last post, except work sucks and I may expand upon that one day, not soon.  But I have found some links I think others may find interesting, so here's that.

The first, with all that nuke talk from ol' Vlad, is called NUKEMAP.  I remember this or a similar sight from several years ago.  It is interesting to play with for a bit, and hope it remains just that - play.

The other is a more recent find, a game called STATTOGORIES.  There are lots of different this or that games you can play there; which google searches are more popular, which YouTube video has more views, or which song has more plays on Spotify, plus tons more options.  While I'm finding it interesting I'm also finding that I'm not that good at it.

I most recently came across ChatGPT, another AI site but about dialogue, instead of this artistic AI link I shared previously.  I've not had the time to try the chat one properly yet, but it looks like it can be very interesting.  Both of these require an account, but you can join easily with your google account.  Yes, google pretty much owns me and all my information; Blogger, Gmail, Youtube, and surely more.  I'm counting on this becoming detrimental, and this AI evolving to bite us humans in the ass, to come after my time has expired, I guess.  

After that, the apocalypse can happen at any time, as far as I'm concerned.  I just won't have the satisfaction of knowing exactly what broke that camel's back.  These days, there's too many candidates to predict.

6 comments:

Blue Witch said...

Glad you are OK, if frustrated by work, and making efforts to stay fit.

I don't understand the nukemap thing. But then I don't understand any computer game thingy things, so it's unsurprising! I also don't have a Google account.

Scoakat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blue Witch said...

Yeah, I remember that sort of situation well. Good luck sticking it out.

I used to have a voodoo blutack model of said person in my drawer and would regualarly stick pins in it.

Once, during a particularly bad time, I had 6 such effigies (different people) in my drawer. Luckily I had the only key to that drawer. When you WFH you could have them out on display and be sticking pins in regularly throughout the day, as each annoying thing happened ;)

delcatto said...

I can certainly understand the work frustrations and sympathise with you. Good idea from BW about dolls and pins, stress relief!

Regarding your knee, yes Ouch! and that I can empathise with. Having endured a couple of days confined to armchairs and short gentle walks since, it is becoming second nature now to be mindful of where I walk and the icy pavements outside are really not inviting. Take care.

Scoakat said...

Thank you both.

I deleted my comment, I don't like my frustration showing. Part of what gets me in trouble.

My tightness is nothing compared to your knee, delcatto. Take care.

delcatto said...

Thanks Scott. Rest and being sensible might help my knee.